You are here
This position is now filled
- Exciting IT Specialist Role
- Based in the East of Singapore
About Our Client
My client is a market leader within their field based in the east of Singapore near Changi Business Park.
Key duties and accountability will include:
- Review and respond to inquiries from network system users. Determine user requirements. Identify and diagnose problems with hardware, software or configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems. Utilise technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving complex computer related problems.
- Provide support for the Cisco VoIP Phone system including diagnose issues, setup of new phone, provisions of new users, and daily operations.
- Determine new requirements for users systems and contact vendors to request information and quotations on new hardware and software. Install new hardware and software as required.
- Identify and report on status and performance of network systems and software.
- Recommend replacement of or addition to network elements or changes in software configuration. Perform upgrades to hardware and software elements of the system as required to maintain maximum functional level of network and its components.
- Responsible for managing the service desk system. This includes managing tickets, routing tickets, ensure we meet the SLA, and provide support to both internal and external (remote employees).
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approved items as required and forward for approval and placement by others.
- Create IT Documentation on Infrastructure setup/update and IT inventory report for review by department head.
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendor
- Perform or assist with any departmental operation's needs, as required.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Possess diploma in computing or equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years "hands-on experience" in providing support to users;
- Computer skills, experience in Windows 7 Workstations, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Servers
- Good knowledge in diagnose, upgrade & maintain computers hardware
- Working knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Skills in the following software/technology desired: Print Servers, hubs/switches, Firewalls, VPN, SAP, SFDC, Citrix, Trend Micro Antivirus, Remote Management tools, LAN/WAN
- Working Knowledge for VoIP Telephone systems. Cisco preferred
- Certification with Microsoft Technology Associate advantage
- Excellent individual and a team worker.
- Singapore citizenship
What's on Offer
A competitive package and the opportunity to take on a role that could allow you to have regional exposure in the future.