You are here
This position is now filled
- Progressive Network Analyst Opportunity
- Based in the East of Singapore
About Our Client
My client is market leader within their field with their offices located in the East of Singapore.
This is an exciting all round role with a variety of responsibilities. The following duties will be involved within the role of Network Analyst:
- Review and respond to inquiries from network system users. Determine user requirements. Identify and diagnose problems with hardware, software or configuration of equipment and make repairs or recommend changes to hardware and/or software to resolve problems. Utilise technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving complex computer related problems.
- Work with users, technical staff, vendors and contractors as required to evaluate current systems and processes, define technical requirements, and assist in the selection of vendors and applications to meet the organisations requirements. Implement authorised programs, monitoring the work of outside contractors and other technical staff involved.
- Monitor system performance and recommend process efficiency's that could be implemented to maximise system performance and employee productivity.
- Implement and adhere to corporate policies to ensure compliant with local and global regulations related to SOX,etc .
- Develop, upgrade and administer the system security. Develop and direct the implementation of policies and programs for system security and oversee the access of entitlements of all users.
- Assist the IT Department to resolves problems as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies. Any system down-time addressed with the appropriate sense of urgency and documented root causes analysis, presented to Sr. Management and process improvements implemented to minimise future interruptions
- Work closing with IT Management globally to create a strong alignment and ensure we are meeting the global strategic plan.
- Define, implement and manage the business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the Americas operations. Ensure all SLAs are within the corporate policies.
- Define, implement and manage the VoIP telecommunication systems
- Evaluate and configure the installation of new or upgraded applications software and operating systems. Create and maintain system administration tools and troubleshoot as needed when problems are encountered.
- Identify and report on status and performance of network systems and software. Recommend replacement of or addition to network elements or changes in software configuration. Perform upgrades to hardware and software elements of the system as required to maintain maximum functional level of network and its components.
- Maintain awareness of new technology and assess its value to the organization presently or in support of future directions. Recommend contingency plans that control risk factors in applicable information systems.
- Create project plans and proposals for approval on current and future projects.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approved items as required.
- Create procedures for review and inclusion in departmental procedures and policy manual.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be consider for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Possess diploma/degree in computing or equivalent
- Working experience of Network Architecture
- Hands-on experience in administering Windows Servers, MS Exchange, Cisco switches/router and Wireless devices.
- Proficient in Symantec Backup Exec, Cisco IOS and Microsoft Enterprise System environment such as DNS,DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Directory
- Good working knowledge in Citrix, VPN/Firewall deployment, VM Virtual Environment (VMware)
- Proficient in VoIP Phone Systems (Cisco Call Manager).
- Proficient in SAN (EMC, 3PAR preferred)
- Certifications in MCSA/MCSE and CCNA would be advantageous.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
- Great attention to detail and business requirements
- Good communication skills to be able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
What's on Offer
A competitive package and benefits.