You are here
This position is now filled
Trade Finance - Checker (1 year contract)
- Multinational banking and financial services corporation
- A competitive salary package
About Our Client
My client is a multinational banking and financial services corporation. Its primary businesses are retail banking, direct banking, commercial banking, investment banking, asset management, and insurance services.
- Perform 1st and 2nd check (if applicable) of both Import and Export L/C documents
- Communicate with Europe offices on the check status of L/C documents
- Provide professional advice to the Europe and Asian offices on discrepancy/ies noted on the documents; fulfilling of terms and conditions in the L/C, and mitigating non-compliance documents presentation after shipment
- Co-ordinate and work efficiently within the team
- Provide full support to the set up and implementation of L/C Document Checking team in Manila ( Processing Hub )
- Ensure daily tasks are executed as per SLA and Global work instructions and escalate to Team Head/HOD upon identification of deviations or the development of unexpected risk events during the work flow.
- Ensure adherence to ING's procedures, policy and guidelines at all times.
- Propose areas of improvement in the team for the benefit of the team and Europe/Asia offices
- Participate in the training of the new L/C Documents Checking team in Manila
- Participate in assigned projects from time to time.
Other responsibilities and daily tasks include the following:
- Review and authorize daily transactions within approved perimeters and Europe offices' agreed turnaround time.
- Provide quality checking and timely service delivery to Europe / Asia offices.
- Work closely with new team in Manila so as to ensure good progress and proper execution of Europe / Asia offices' transactions.
- Cultivate team spirit and build up confidence in the new team in their handling of their daily documents checking.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Skills
- Acceptable tertiary education
- Preferably CDCS certified L/C Documents checker
- At least 3 - 5 years' of experience in handling both Import and Export L/C Documents checking
- Microsoft office applications -MS word, excel, power point, access, visio etc
- Knowledge of Swift Alliance and any main accounting system
- Knowledge of ICC publications - UCP600, ISP98, URR725, URC522, ISBP.
- Knowledge of local region's regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering policy
- Possess effective communication skill to work with the teams and Europe / Asia offices
- Exposure to outsource/insource operations will be an advantage
What's on Offer
This is a contracting opportunity for one year with a possibility of conversion thereafter.