- Learning opportunity in alternative investments
- 6 months maternity cover
About Our Client
The client is a global asset management firm with expertise in various asset classes (e.g credit, private equity, real estate etc.) servicing institutional and individuals clients. Headquartered in US, as of end 2020, their AUM is close to $150 billion.
Reporting to the Head of Fund Accounting, this role comprises of both BAU and project implementation.
- Work with external fund administrators to manage the business' accounting and financial records and other SPVs across APAC (Distressed Debt, Special Situations, Real Estate Opportunities and Asia Performing Debt Opportunities Strategies).
- Prepare quarterly services fee invoices to fund entities.
- Process online cash payments and work with external tax-agents to ensure GST compliance.
- Review SPVs' bank account activities.
- Manage the local annual audit and quarterly accounting compliance process.
- Ensure that all inter-company balances are reconciled on a quarterly basis.
- Project Implementation: Assist the implementation of investment platform for the business in the APAC region - work with internal and external stakeholders to implement operational and accounting controls, new SPVs incorporations, bank account opening, local license applications, equity & working capital requests etc.
- Any other adhoc requests
The Successful Applicant
- At least 4 years of fund accounting experience ideally focusing on private equity/SPV.
- Prior experience working with PE/Investment Management clients or knowledge in funds/private equity is highly desirable.
- Strong local accounting knowledge.
- Prior experience in administration of section 13x/13r investment platforms and SPVs.
- Good communication skills required to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Role will start in June, ideal candidate should be available by then and able to for commit at least 6 months.
What's on Offer
This role is a perfect step up for candidates with prior experience in private equity or fund accounting. This role offers regional exposure and the learning opportunity to widen financial knowledge across various asset classes.