Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Greater exposure in compliance projects
One of the largest Fund Administrator and Transfer Agency
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's largest Fund Administrator and Transfer Agency.
Their proven technology and solution service clients across the Financial Services, Real Estate and even Healthcare industries.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the Manager and other team members
- Review/prepare all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Perform bank reconciliations, process journal entries, and prepare supporting financial schedules
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Review/prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review/prepare management fee calculations and supporting schedules
- Review/prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review/prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Preparation of financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Support the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the team, client, and auditors
- Support client's compliance related matters such as KYC and AML
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 2+ years of relevant experience working within fund accounting, preferably within Private Equity or Big 4 Audit Firm, and with exposure in KYC/AML related compliance matters. Experience in Mutual and/or Hedge fund accounting will be considered
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- Team player
What's on Offer
This is a permanent position within a Global MNC that focuses on a series of carefully selected acquisitions and organic growth, positioning the as a market leader in their expertise within the financial services and healthcare technology.